- Company: YONEX U.S.A.
- Street: 20140 South Western Avenue
- City/Town/Village: Torrance
- State/Prefecture: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 90501
- Website: http://www.yonexusa.com
- Listed: 11/22/2013 3:07 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
YONEX is the world leader in Golf, Tennis and Badminton equipment. At YONEX, we take the game as seriously as you do. We are a company driven by technology, so we constantly explore new materials, new designs and new ways of improving your game.
The company was founded in 1946 by Minoru Yoneyama as a producer of wooden floats for fishing nets. The company was later forced out of this market because of the invention of plastic floats. This led to a commitment by Yoneyama to never again be left behind by technological advancements.
In 1957, Yoneyama began to make badminton racquets for other brands. By 1961, the first Yoneyama-branded racquet was introduced, and within another two years an export company was created for the worldwide distribution. After the company began to make aluminum badminton racquets in 1969, it found that the same technology could be applied to the tennis racquet which the company introduced in 1971. The company began to experiment with graphite shafts for both types of racquets and found that these would also be useful for golf clubs.
Finding a growing market, the Yonex Corporation (a wholly owned subsidiary) was established in Torrance, California in July 1983. In 1992 Yonex introduced the widebody badminton racquet, the “Isometric 500″, a racquet that was much less “tear drop”-shaped than previous ones. The more “square” head gave it a much larger striking surface, which provides a larger “sweet spot” to hit the shuttle. It led other manufacturers to follow suit in “square-head” or isometric designs.
The parent company was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 1994. Yonex describes itself as the world leader in golf, tennis and badminton equipment. Yonex provides clothing for national badminton associations around the world, such as the Malaysian Badminton Association, Badminton Scotland, Badminton England, Badminton Ireland, and Badminton Wales. Yonex has also been teaming up with OCBC (Orange County Badminton Club) since 2007 to host the annual U.S. Open Grand Prix Badminton Championships.[
Today, Yonex has managed to become the dominant corporate player in badminton. Yonex sponsors the All England Open Badminton Championships and is a partner of the Badminton World Federation which organizes the World Championships. Upwards of 80% of competitive players use their racquets, as it is the preferred choice amongst professionals. Yonex is significant in both the tennis and golf industry and is a major sponsor of professional athletes in all three sports.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Japanese Companies
- Member Since: 04/02/2013
Other items listed by Japanese Companies
- The Japan-America Society of Washington DC
- TOYOTA InfoTechnology Center, U.S.A., Inc. – We thrive on innovation and implementation of advanced IT
- Morinaga America, Inc.
- Nomura Research Institute IT Solutions America, Inc. – Chase Tower
- World-class printing technology leader – Oki Data Americas, Inc.
Top Ads Today
- Japan Society of San Diego and Tijuana (JSSDT) (7 views)
- Honda R&D Innovations, Inc. - Honda’s global information technology research and development (7 views)
- Aural Sonic - Our Sound Absorption Panels are Based on a New Japanese Technology (5 views)
- Dynax America Corporation - Manufacturer of automatic transmission components; friction disks, mating plates and assemblies (5 views)
- Innovative non-destructive testing instruments - Olympus NDT Canada (4 views)
- ITO EN (USA) INC. – Beverage Manufacturer (3 views)
- 岐阜精器（佛岡）五金制品有限公司 | GPC (Fogang) Industrial Co., Ltd. (3 views)
- Marubeni America Corporation Silicon Valley Branch - General Trading Company (3 views)
- Manufactures and sells distilled spirits - Beam Suntory (3 views)
- Hitachi Rail Europe Ltd - Rail Transportation & Social Infrastructure Systems (3 views)