- Company: Takara Sake USA Inc.
- Street: 708 Addison Street
- City/Town/Village: Berkeley
- State/Prefecture: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 94710
- Phone: 510-540-8250
- Website: http://www.takarasake.com
- Contact: http://www.takarasake.com/contact.php
- Listed: 06/14/2014 9:05 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Takara Sake USA Inc., is a member of Takara Group, the leading corporation of alcohol-related business and biotechnology based in Japan.
Takara Sake USA was established in 1982 in Berkeley, California. The main products produced in Berkeley are the “Sho Chiku Bai” brand of Sake, “Takara Mirin” and Plum wine. Takara Sake USA has taken pure snow melt from the Sierra Nevada Mountains and superior rice from the fertile Sacramento Valley. To this, they apply traditional sake-making craftsmanship and modern technology to produce a Sake worthy of the Takara mark. Various products like premium sake and shochu are imported from our parent company in Japan. We also have a unique Tasting Room and Sake Museum. It is our hope to introduce the public not only to different types of sake but also to Japanese culture through our facilities.
The Museum features items and displays of interest to both experts and the general public. It includes an exhibit of the historical sake-making process, sake artifacts and implements collected by Takara Sake USA, and a history of sake-making in America. The collection is the only one of its kind in the U.S.A.
The Tasting Room, measuring 2,260 square feet, presents a light, airy ambiance. The interior of the structure, constructed of Douglas Fir and granite-finished tile, fuses traditional Japanese beauty with a contemporary sense of space. The blue, glass-tiled floor design is inspired by Japan’s rice paddies and reflects the name Takara, which means “treasure from the rice paddy.” Emphasizing Takara’s commitment to conservation of the environment, virtually all wood used in the structure is reclaimed lumber, while the granite floor tiles contain glass recycled from sake, beer, whiskey and other bottles.
Please check products on our website.
Top Ads Today
- Handcrafted premium Japanese kitchen knives - Yoshihiro Cutlery (6 views)
- Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. - Pharmaceutical treatment of hypertension, dyslipidemia and others (5 views)
- Writing instrument company - Pilot Corporation of America (Pilot Pen) (4 views)
- We offer quality Japanese Wagyu Beef to US customer - Crimson Gourmet (4 views)
- Midwest U.S. - Japan Association (2 views)
- Japanese Soba Noodle Shop - Ringer Hut SOBAYA LANAI (2 views)
- Morinaga America, Inc. (2 views)
- Honda Aircraft Company - The world’s most advanced light business jet (2 views)
- Kumako Ramen (1 views)
- Nippon Steel & Sumikin Pipe Vietnam Co., Ltd. - Ho Chi Minh Office (1 views)