The Japan Business Association of Southern California (JBA) is a nonprofit corporation whose mission is to develop and improve the business environment for Japanese companies in Southern California. The JBA primarily engages in the following three activities in support of its mission:
- Strengthening Ties with the Local Community
- Membership Services
- and Educational Support Activities.
More than 700 Japanese companies are located in Southern California, one of the highest concentrations of Japanese businesses operating outside of Japan in the world. The economic impact of Japanese businesses in Southern California is particularly significant because Japanese companies tend to enter the U.S. market by establishing new facilities and hiring new employees rather than by acquiring existing businesses. Our survey shows that 88% of Japanese companies entered the U.S. market by starting new entities.
Top Ads Today
- Honda Aero, Inc. (HAI) - Developing a variety of aircraft engines (8 views)
- Honda R&D Innovations, Inc. - Honda’s global information technology research and development (7 views)
- NHK Spring (Thailand) Co., Ltd. - World's Largest Independent Spring Manufacturer (4 views)
- Seiwajyuku Silicon Valley (3 views)
- Japan Business Association of Southern California (3 views)
- NTT DOCOMO USA, Inc. - US subsidiary of NTT DOCOMO, Japan’s largest telecommunications company (3 views)
- TOMY International, Inc. - High-quality Toys Company (3 views)
- NEC Energy Solutions - Headquarters (3 views)
- 2nd STREET Melrose - Japan's Highest Grossing Second Hand Clothing (2 views)
- Fuji Electric Corp. of America - Distribution of the power electronics equipment since 1970 (2 views)