- Company: Japan Society of San Diego and Tijuana
- Street: 4883 Ronson Court, Suite A
- City/Town/Village: San Diego
- State/Prefecture: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 92111
- Phone: (858) 467-1727
- Website: http://www.japan-society.org/
- Contact: http://www.japan-society.org/contact/
- Listed: 04/02/2016 7:36 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
The mission of the Japan Society of San Diego and Tijuana (JSSDT) is to promote goodwill and advance business, civic, educational, and cultural interchange and understanding between the people of Japan, San Diego, and Tijuana.
Founded in 1996, the JSSDT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit membership organization of individuals and corporations with a focus on tri-national relations between Japan, the United States, and Mexico. The JSSDT is one of approximately forty affiliates of the National Association of Japan-America Societies headquartered in Washington, DC.
The Japan Society of San Diego and Tijuana (JSSDT) was formed in 1996. Prior to that time, separate organizations existed, including an independent Japan Society of Greater San Diego. The existence of separate entities meant that the Japanese business community and others interested in Japan-America relations were unable to give their complete support to any one organization. A consensus developed that an independent, unified organization, based in San Diego, was essential to meet the community’s needs….
A new organization under the name of “Japan Society of San Diego and Tijuana” was established as a non-profit, tax-exempt entity and it was accepted as a full member of the National Association of Japan-America Societies. An Executive Committee comprised of American, Japanese and Mexican business professionals and community leaders was named to oversee and promote JSSDT activities.
The JSSDT was warmly and enthusiastically welcomed into the community. In 1997, a new mission statement was established and a business/strategic plan was completed. JSSDT programs and activities were developed and diversified to further strengthen their role in the community. The first official election took place and a new Board of Directors was elected by members in June of 1998. The first Executive Committee was then appointed by the Board.
The JSSDT currently has two full-time staff, and a large group of interns and community volunteers to carry out its programs, services, and fulfill its mission.
Top Ads Today
- Honda R&D Innovations, Inc. - Honda’s global information technology research and development (2 views)
- NHK Spring (Thailand) Co., Ltd. - World's Largest Independent Spring Manufacturer (2 views)
- SCS Global Professionals, LLP - Silicon Valley Office (2 views)
- Manufacturing optical fiber products - OFS Fitel, LLC (Headquarters) (1 views)
- Socionext America Inc. - Imaging and Networking Solutions (1 views)
- TOPPAN USA Georgia Plant - Manufacture of Transparent Barrier Films (1 views)
- Pork Flavor Noodle "Nagasaki Champon" - Ringer Hut Saratoga Store (1 views)
- Creating energy from waste - Hitachi Zosen Inova AG (1 views)
- TDK Corporation of America - Provides Electronic Components such as EMC and Ferrites (1 views)
- Kuraray America, Inc. - Global leader in specialty chemical, fiber, resin, and film production (1 views)