- Company: Japan Society of Northern California
- Street: 500 Washington Street, Suite 300
- City/Town/Village: San Francisco
- State/Prefecture: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 94111-2940
- Website: http://www.usajapan.org
- Listed: 08/25/2013 12:38 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
The Japan Society of Northern California is an educational non-profit organization and the West Coast’s leading forum on Japan and US-Japan relations. Its mission is to strengthen cooperation and understanding between the peoples of the United States and Japan in a changing world by providing programs that help to expand knowledge, increase personal interaction and facilitate discussion of important issues.
Ever since our founding in 1905, the Japan Society has believed in the power of knowledge and personal contact to bring peoples and countries together. Now, more than 100 years later, we remain dedicated to strengthening the friendship between the United States and Japan. Our members throughout the Bay Area and Northern California enjoy opportunities to meet and learn from leaders in business, politics, society and the arts from both sides of the Pacific.
Please read on to learn more about our upcoming events, membership benefits, and other ways you can be part of the lively and fascinating relationship between the people and businesses of Japan and the United States.
Japan in Schools Program Overview
The Japan Society of Northern California’s Vision 2020 Initiative adopted in 2010 calls for a new commitment to ensure the continued availability of Japanese language and cultural education in public schools in Northern California. At a time when our states’ schools are challenged by sharp budget cuts, our goal is to direct cultural and financial resources to existing Japanese language programs that might otherwise not be able to continue at their current level, if at all.In 2011-12, Japan Society began talks with schools in the San Francisco Unified School District to test best ways to help them sustain their current Japanese language programs. Due to the program’s success, we will continue to work to extend the program to other schools and other school districts.
Possible support includes:
- Financial resources
- Teaching materials (textbooks, materials, supplies)
- Educational and cultural enrichment resources (bringing prominent figures in Japanese arts, business, politics and culture to the target schools as sources of inspiration for students to pursue their interest in Japanese and Japan)
- Invitations for students to attend relevant Japan Society events and lectures
- Explore the possibility of extending summer language classes to interested students to continue their studies during the summer break
- Raise public awareness of the need to support our Japanese language programs
- Develop a Volunteer Network Committee to lend support to the Japan in the Schools Program
We offer Japanese language classes at various levels throughout the SF Bay Area. At a glance:
- Locations in San Francisco, San Jose, and Palo Alto
- Levels from total beginner to advanced
- 12 week sessions of 2-hour classes, once per week
- Classes of 5 – 12 students
- Experienced, native Japanese-speaking instructors
- Tailored on-site corporate classes available
We also offer corporate classes and private tutoring, please contact us for more details.
Top Ads Today
- Aiya America, Inc. - World's Leading Matcha Green Tea Producer (15 views)
- Honda R&D Innovations, Inc. - Honda’s global information technology research and development (15 views)
- Relo Redac. Inc. - San Mateo (9 views)
- Largest Tofu manufacturers in USA – House Foods America Corporation (6 views)
- Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. - Pharmaceutical treatment of hypertension, dyslipidemia and others (6 views)
- Koyo Corporation of U.S.A. - Bringing world-class quality bearings to a whole new level (6 views)
- Tecnos Global Company - Providing ICT Solutions & Services with ERP, SCM, CRM, SAP (4 views)
- YONEX USA - The World Leader in Golf, Tennis and Badminton Equipment (4 views)
- NTT DOCOMO USA, Inc. - US subsidiary of NTT DOCOMO, Japan’s largest telecommunications company (4 views)
- 2nd STREET Melrose - Japan's Highest Grossing Second Hand Clothing (4 views)