- Company: IPPUDO
- Owner or Chef: Japanese
- Street: 2015 Shattuck Ave.
- City/Town/Village: Berkeley
- State/Prefecture: California
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 94704
- Phone: 510-666-8807
- Website: http://ippudo-us.com
- Contact: http://ippudo-us.com/contact/
- Listed: 10/07/2018 10:57 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
On October 15, 1985, IPPUDO was opened with a counter seating capacity of 10. Shigemi Kawahara the Ramen King made a grand impact on the industry with his original interior design and Tonkotsu (pork based) ramen. The classy shop interior with his heavy emphasis on wood is like a wood sculptor’s studio yet kept sparkling clean with modern jazz playing in the background.
The attention to detail and hospitable service translate to quality dining in a modest establishment with a decor and ambiance that hints at sophistication and quality. Tonkotsu ramen soup is free of the usual smell of pork with a light aftertaste. The selection of ingredients and the seasoning suited to the customer’s well-being has won over female customers tempting them to want to try it everyday. Thanks to the efforts, discipline and quality standards of the Ramen King, the status of ramen has been raised to become one of Japan’s most favored dishes by young and old alike.
Yet, IPPUDO does not just stand on its laurels. As a revolutionary flag bearer, the team exhaustively explores the possibilities of ramen. This resulted in ground-breaking innovations being added to Tonkotsu ramen and eventually impressed people from overseas, not to mention the Japanese. In the meantime, the team scrutinizes ingredients and seasonings from around the world to successively create new ramen varieties using some of the various cooking techniques found worldwide. Twenty years since its establishment, IPPUDO continues to impact the ramen industry.
The fast food that was originally a JPY500-bowl is now a complete meal costing JPY1,000. To introduce one of Japan’s national dishes to the world culture, IPPUDO initiated its ambitious efforts toward an auspicious future in New York.
Top Ads Today
- Aiya America, Inc. - World's Leading Matcha Green Tea Producer (12 views)
- Tecnos Global Company - Providing ICT Solutions & Services with ERP, SCM, CRM, SAP (10 views)
- Yaskawa America, Inc. – Drives & Motion Division (9 views)
- REGiMMUNE Inc. - A biotechnology company developing novel medicines with immune regulating technology (7 views)
- Honda R&D Innovations, Inc. - Honda’s global information technology research and development (7 views)
- Zeria USA, Inc. - Producing and selling of pharmaceutical and nutritional products (6 views)
- Handcrafted premium Japanese kitchen knives - Yoshihiro Cutlery (6 views)
- Ezaki Glico USA - No1 Japanese Confectionery Manufacturer (6 views)
- Yaskawa America, Inc. - Motoman Robotics Division (6 views)
- We want to spread the goodness of miso in the US - Marukome USA (5 views)