- Company: Honda Aero, Inc.
- City/Town/Village: 2989 Tucker Street
- State/Prefecture: North Carolina
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 27215
- Phone: +1-336-226-2376
- Listed: 02/24/2016 10:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Honda Aero, Inc. (HAI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honda Motor Co., Ltd., will establish its corporate headquarters and jet engine manufacturing operations with the construction of an all new facility in Burlington, North Carolina.
Honda Aero, Inc. specializes in developing a variety of aircraft engines. The subsidiary was founded in 2004 and holds a 50% stake in GE Honda Aero Engines, a joint venture with General Electric that produces jet engines in the 1,000 lb.-3,500 lb. thrust class. GE Honda Aero Engines’ HF120 compact turbofan engine weighs less than 400 lbs. and will power the new lightweight HondaJet, as well as other business jets. The engine will be produced at Honda Aero’s new 102,400-sq.-ft. production facility and headquarters located in Burlington, North Carolina.
Honda Aero, Inc. will employ approximately 70 associates when the plant reaches its initial production plan of 200 engines per year within about one year of its 2010 production start. Development of the facility represents a $27 million capital expenditure by Honda, bringing the company’s total North American capital investment to more than $9 billion.
Top Ads Today
- Honda R&D Innovations, Inc. - Honda’s global information technology research and development (15 views)
- Semiconductor Leader - MegaChips America (15 views)
- Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. - Pharmaceutical treatment of hypertension, dyslipidemia and others (12 views)
- U.S.-Japan Council - Headquarters (10 views)
- Largest Tofu manufacturers in USA – House Foods America Corporation (6 views)
- NTT DOCOMO USA, Inc. - US subsidiary of NTT DOCOMO, Japan’s largest telecommunications company (6 views)
- WESTUNITIS INC. - Developing Wearable Smart Glasses with Japan's Technology (5 views)
- World’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics - Casio America, Inc. (5 views)
- Morinaga America, Inc. (5 views)
- Nippon Steel & Sumikin Pipe Vietnam Co., Ltd. - Ho Chi Minh Office (4 views)